Here’s a quick test to see how effective your digital marketing really is (and whether or not you are likely to be getting a good ROI).
Answer “yes” or “no”:
- Is your web site OPTIMISED for the correct search terms, namely specific treatment modalities/products and specific geographical locations? One of my clients has recently improved web site visits by 300% simply by changing these search terms;
- Do you ADVERTISE on Google and Facebook by telling stories rather than placing product – and do you SPLIT-TEST the adverts to measure which work and which do not?
- Do you POST stories about your patients, your team and your community to your practice Facebook Page (every day) and to your blog (once a week)?
- Do you RE-PURPOSE those stories across your other social media channels, principally Twitter and Linkedin?
- Do you BOOST your Facebook posts to defined demographics and measure the response?
- Do you ask for regular REVIEWS on Google (if people have a gmail address) and Facebook (if they don’t)?
- Do you regularly RECORD patient testimonials via selfies, emails and video for distribution (with consent) across your digital channels?
- Do you CAPTURE email addresses and consent when prospective new patients visit your web site?
- Did you ENGAGE your whole dental team in this process?
Digital marketing is a dental team event.
You cannot delegate this to an agency – they cannot collect and collate the back-stories that will bring your digital marketing to life.
Every member of your team has to be enlisted as an investigative journalist, listening for the clues to the back-story.
To want to do that, your team must first understand the context.
That means a team training session on what digital marketing really is and what their crucial role in this can be.
When I get the opportunity to facilitate those team meetings, we see an upsurge in internal digital marketing activity in practices.
By the way – this is a primary competitive advantage that you have over corporates and retailers, who can never compete on fresh and original content.
How did you perform in the test?