What would you do?
I’m hoping to get back to Altrincham from the North East tonight (by train) – tomorrow I am due to travel from there to Cornwall for the weekend – due in London next Tuesday.
- dig car out of apartment in Altrincham and attempt to drive M3 to Falmouth – more snow predicted, M3 not built for snow
- Fly Manchester to Newquay and back – early start on Friday and Monday – difficult trip from Falmouth to Newquay on Monday – Air South West unpredictable – journey from Falmouth to Newquay a hassle
- Train Manchester to Truro and back. Truro 10 miles from home and either a branch line train – or the lovely Anneliese – to get me home. Train journey approx. 7 hours each way – time to get work done in comfort – wifi on the train – emails, ezines, projects, preparation
I think that’s a pretty obvious choice – don’t you?
- First class ticket £326 return
- Second class ticket £137 return
Oh – and by the way
- Flight £200 return
- Petrol in M3 approx £170 return
My “abundance” angel says “take a first class train ticket and look upon it as a serviced office at £160 per day – you will do your best work in comfort”
My “scarcity” devil says “£326 – you must be mad – you are going on holiday later this month and should be watching the pennies”.