Here’s a quick template to help you deal with problems:
- What’s the perceived problem?
- What’s the real problem?
- What effect is the problem having on the business?
- How is the problem making us feel?
- What’s the perceived solution?
- What is the real solution?
- What effect will the solution have on the business?
- How will the solution make us feel?
- What do we need in terms of money / time / people to make the solution happen?
- By when will the solution be in place?
Developed with the help of James and Sonya Hamill.
Chris Barrow has been active as a consultant, trainer and coach to the UK dental profession for over 20 years. As a writer, his blog enjoys a strong following and he is a regular contributor to the dental press. Naturally direct, assertive and determined, he has the ability to reach conclusions quickly, as well as the sharp reflexes and lightness of touch to innovate, change tack and push boundaries. In 2014 he appeared as a “castaway” in the first season of the popular reality TV show “The Island with Bear Grylls”. His main professional focus is as Coach Barrow, providing coaching and mentorship to independent dentistry.