Telephone call-in day has just concluded are here is a compendium of the main questions asked:
- What do you think of my new web site?
- How do I make a start on my personal fitness?
- Where do I start on time management?
- I have a practice manager who has a long-term illness – what next?
- Which practice management software should I look at?
- How do I improve my work/life balance?
- If I only work 2 days a week, how do I train my patients to accept those 2 days?
- What bonus should I pay to my practice manager?
- What should I target for next year’s bonus?
- What should be included on my referral card?
- Do I need a business card as well?
- Where do I get signage for surgery doors?
- I’m at maximum cruise financially – the right profit for this size of practice – what next?
- How do I make best use of a surgery that’s empty 3 days a week?
- Please can I test my elevator speech on you?
- The atmosphere at work is tense and I feel overwhelmed – help!
- Describe the most popular staff bonus systems you have seen.
- Sales are down and expenses are up – what’s the quickest way to solve this problem?
- We have started to convert to private – remind me of what to say to explain increased prices for treatment.
- Having converted to private we want to change our employment contracts – where do I start?
- How do I bring the children of my adult patients into private dentistry?
- What are your views on incorporation?
- Do you think all staff should be treated equally?
- Tell me all about staff bonuses.
- What’s the best content for our new patient newsletter?
- I’m thinking of selling my practice and becoming an associate – am I mad or sane?
- What criteria should I use to employ a marketing manager?
- How do I make more profit in less time – give me quick steps.
- My appointment book is too quiet – what do I do next?
- I’ve been to a presentation on Botox treatments – what do you think about including that in my product range?
- How much should I pay my new practice manager?
- We are re-branding with a new practice name and image in April – should I carry on marketing under the old name for the next 3 months?
I loved the last question – to which I replied “marketing is like breathing – I cannot think of a single reason to ever stop doing it.”
As always, the call-in days give me a great R&D experience on what the “issues” are out there.
Lot’s of talk about bonuses right now, as the year end approaches and clients are either paying them and/or announcing next year’s scheme.