December has arrived – where did 2008 go?
If you haven’t done so already (and I bet you haven’t), it’s time to schedule some time to plan:
- which weeks in 2009 will be your vacation weeks?
- which days will be your days “off” work – when you don’t DO anything to do with work or money?
- which days will be dedicated to leading your team and managing your professional and personal stuff:
- overall strategy
- financial management
- marketing systems
- customer relationship management
- operational controls
- your support team
- personal development
- which days will be focused on income generation?
- what will your production targets be for those days?
- which days will be allocated to entrepreneurial development?
- which days will be invested in advancing your own personal and professional skills?
- which days will be set aside toÂ fulfillÂ the priorities of your partner, your children, your immediate family and friends?
- which days will be gifted to charity?
It would be very easy to just “show up” again next year – and allow external influences to drive your life.
Look what happened this year – and ask yourself how much better control you would like to exercise going forwards.
At the risk of repeating myself, in 2009:
- do you haveÂ sufficientÂ time?
- do you have a fabulous support team?
- do you have enough money?