Here’s a formula to open a brand new private squat and recruit 218 new patients in the first 6 weeks (during a recession and in the middle of a three-month snow storm).
- Plan carefully – spend 12 months building the detail
- Get the right external advisors involved early
- Location, location, location – a demographic that wants what you like to do
- A need – for quality private dentistry in an affluent town
- Footfall or drive by – make sure plenty of people can see you
- Selected local advertising
- Hiring the right people (in this case, mature, intelligent, articulate and well-presented people on reception and in nursing)
- Branding – a strong and distinctive brand
- Environment – lovely concierge class premises in a small and slightly out of town office unit
- Parking – easy and plenty
- Availability – no waiting times for appointments (i know that will change – we were discussing the same)
- Bring in business heads – in this case a brother who is a talented lawyer and a business coach!
- A membership scheme (administered by Practice Plan)
I could go on.
A lovely day with Rachael Blyth and the team yesterday – and my special thanks to Rachael and Ross for pushing my car out of the snow at the Hydro last night!