Idea 1 – The “Free Prize Draw”
Book a stand at a trade fair, wedding fayre (why do they spell it that way?) or any other public event.
Take along some basic information on cosmetic dentistry – tooth whitening, smile makeovers, invisible adult ortho.
Make friends with a local supplier of electronics.
Put a very large plasma TV on the stand.
Ask for contact details of the people who visit the stand – name, address, telephone, email.
Ask them to throw 6 dice – and the first one to throw 6 sixes takes the TV home.
Ask a Lloyds underwriter to cover the risk – and split the premium with the TV shop.
Share the information you collect with the TV shop.
Write to the database after the show with a KEDO (knock ’em dead offer).
Idea 2 – Satellites and feeders (inspired by Sainsbury – and perhaps soon by Tesco?)
Open a minimally equipped dental surgery in a local retail outlet with massive throughput of people.
Offer cheap check-ups to get people in through the door.
Offer low-cost or free consults with treatment co-ordinators.
If they require any treatment – explain that you don’t have the equipment and refer them to the private clinic that you operate.
When they arrive at your “proper” clinic, you can work your magic on them.
Idea 3 – The One-Page Treatment Plan
No matter how complicated and verbose your treatment plans, offer a one-page,single sheet, A4 summary of:
- the problem – what brought them to the conversation in the first place – either a clinical problem or a lifestyle need
- the solution – what you agreed to do to help them
- the timescale – whatÂ commitmentÂ will be required to complete the treatment
- the investment – how much it will cost and
- the payment options – up front, pay as you go or finance.