Perhaps unusual to be investing the Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend in a meeting with no agenda.
But you have heard me declare the benefits of “shooting the breeze” – just a good conversation.
I’m not asking for any medals – but want you to know that I made no charge for facilitating this day – it was just “added value” for some good friends and clients who have demonstrated their support and loyalty in a variety of ways over the last year or two.
Our subject matter was “how best should I expand my business over the next 3 years?” and the variety of practices present ensured a stimulating result.
We began formal conversation at 10:30 (after a good night out on Friday for some) and ended at 17:00 with real clarity in the room about choices.
From left to right:
- David Boulton – Penistone Dental Clinic, Yorkshire
- Yours truly
- David and Dawn Cunningham – Spring Grove Clinic, Glasgow
- Alex Jones – Penistone Dental Care
- Mark Whetstone – Whelby Health, Essex
- James Hamill – Blueapple Dental, Northern Ireland
- Daz Singh – Ollie and Darsh, Liverpool
We have agreed that this should be a more regular event – perhaps twice a year.
The message here is that we all need peers to bounce ideas and fears around without judgement.
Everyone, myself included, came away with a clear focus on next steps.