There are two types of organisations:
- Opinions are welcome
- Opinions are unwelcome
In the first:
- thanks for taking the trouble to think about this and letting me know how you feel
- I really value your feedback, even though I might not always agree with it
- I’m going to listen to what you have said and take that into account in my future plans
- don’t hesitate to share further thoughts
- if it’s OK – in view of the fact that you have expressed an interest, I may enrol you as a sounding board
In the second:
- who the hell are you to tell me that?
- have you any idea what really goes on?
- I’ve already thought of all those things – do you think I’m stupid or something?
- when I need your opinion I’ll ask for it
- until then – please MYOB