It’s important to understand the difference between achievements and habits when you are goal-setting.
An achievement is a specific target, usually involving numbers and deadlines:
- I will hit a sales target of X by Y date;
- I will launch product/service X by Y date;
- I will create X video testimonials by Y date.
A habit is a new way of living/working that you intend to embrace on a permanent basis:
- I’m going to review and update my personal finances every Sunday morning;
- I’m going to cut out the alcohol on school nights;
- I’m going to start handing out my business referral cards to every patient.
All of us can benefit by establishing new achievement targets and habits on a quarterly basis.
Today I’ll be meeting with the owners of just 6 practices for a weekend retreat that will commence at lunchtime today and run through until noon on Sunday. I have 4 from the UK, 1 from Sweden and 1 from South Africa who have made the journey into central London.
Here’s what we will be covering:
Your Overall Strategy:
- 10-year vision
- 3-year targets
- 12-month plan
- 90-day goals
Where are you going in business? Super-profitable single location? Micro-corporate? Sale date established?
Your Financial Plan:
- Personal financial planning (that’s managing your own cash flow)
- Analysing your Profit & Loss statement
- Creating a 12-month budget
- Looking at how you compare with industry benchmarks via Key Performance Indicators
- Measuring associate productivity and profitability
Your Marketing Plan:
- How you engage with existing patients
- How you encourage and gather patient referrals
- How you recruit brand new patients
- Through the web
- Through direct marketing
- If appropriate, how you generate GDP referrals
- How you measure the ROI from your marketing investment
Your Patient Experience Plan:
- First digital contact
- First human contact
- First consult
- Treatment planning and TCO’s
- Treatment plan presentation and close
- Your end of treatment protocol
- Current organisational structure
- Changes required to facilitate growth
- Leadership and management of your team
- Running a business and keeping a life!
The delegates will “enjoy” 48 hours of total immersion with me at the prestigious Seminars at Thirty Eight venue in Marylebone.
I’m expecting a game-changer for all of them and that they will emerge with new achievement targets and habits that they cannot even imagine this morning.
Let the fun begin…..