In conversation with a client this week about their “whitening wednesday” campaign.
They have invested lots of time in publicising the offer:
- mail drop to 15,000 local homes
- newsletter to 3500 existing patients
- signage outside the practice
- web site offers
and the results are coming through, with the hygienist working under supervision and a steady flow of new and existing patients.
All good so far…..
I ask a few simple questions:
- are you selling the KEDO (the whitening) when they arrive – “yes Chris”
- are you asking them to complete a smile check to make sure they are aware of the other stuff you do? – “no Chris”
- are you inviting them to become members of the practice at the conclusion of treatment? – “no Chris”
- are you asking them to refer friends and family and offering a reward if they do? – “no Chris”
A classic case of missing the trick – in fact 4 tricks.
- sell the KEDO
- use the smile check
- offer membership
- ask for referrals
I wonder how many of you would be in the same boat – missing opportunities right under your nose – even when you have worked so hard to create them?