When Captain Picard issued that command, the inference was:
- we know what we have to do
- I don’t need to know the detail
- I just want you to get on with it
and, of course, the assumption is that you have a team of people around you who know:
- what to do
- how to do it
- why they are doing it
- how they will be measured
- when you want it for
perhaps most important of all:
- they want to do it for themselves and
- they want to do it for you
The very essence of leadership, management and delegation.
So when I’m with a client who bemoans the fact that they “don’t have enough time to get everything done”, I know I’m with a client who needs (more) coaching on leadership, management, delegation, vision, plan, goals – and, critically, team-building.
The very bed-rock of your success is a fabulous team who know the who, what, when, where, why answers.
Make it so.