Heading North on the M5 yesterday, I was bemused by the sight of a student progressing slowly whilst
- driving a clapped out old banger
- surf board on the roof
- watching a small flat screen TV mounted on his dash
I thought that was illegal?
Anyways, it got me thinking about “what we listen to when we drive” and around to answering that question for my readers.
So here goes:
My thanks to Dave Cunningham at Spring Grove Dental in Glasgow for reminding me last year that driving time was an excellent way to keep tabs on all the business books we are encouraged to consume.
I’m currently enjoying Seth Godin’s latest – Linchpin.
- BBC History Magazine (super feature in March on how they found the real Bosworth Field)
- Excess Baggage (and thanks to Annie B for getting me interested in that)
- Friday Night Comedy
- In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg (where else, in successive weeks could you enjoy Boudicca, Calvinism and The Infant Brain?)
- Material World (the latest in science)
Here I confess an obsession with House, Dance and Trance Music:
- Masashi Osaku
- Taku Nakahara
- Paul Oakenfold
- DJ Brad Miller
- Tiesto (with thanks to my eldest son Jon B)
- Johnny Monsoon
No big surprise that this only gets played when I’m driving alone – but that’s most of the time – and I’ve whiled away many a late night motorway hour with the beat.
Better, I think, than watching back episodes of Friends as I drive…..