Out for a bit of shopping on Saturday and noticed the following “evidence” that things are not quite as bad as the media would have us believe:
- a new Starbucks has opened on the main A30 link road that runs down the Cornish peninsula
- Truro city centre was packed – my first attempt to park turned into a slow and frustrating climb all the way up and all the way down the main centre car park – not a parking spot in sight and so we had to drive to an alternative car park out of the centre – thats the first time in 4 years it has happened
- plenty of people seem quite happy to pay Â£3.00 for a coffee and the same again for a panini or a cake – whether its Starbucks (the other one in the county) or Costa Coffee
- Called in to the Comet superstore out of town on the way back to Falmouth. They have a wide range of plasma and LCD TV’s on special offer – notably a great deal on a 40″ Sony TV that you can read here.
- I was chatting to one of the more senior assistants at 3.00pm and they had already sold 20 of this model that day and were out of stock until a new shipment arrived early in the week – 20 TV’s at Â£600 each – not bad eh?
- unbeatable price
- limited availability
- and Comet were offering a BluRay player at Â£99 if you bought the Sony TV