It suddenly dawned on me yesterday that, since making my career change on 1st August this year, I have almost sub-consciously been going through a process of personal re-organisation that has focused on delegation and support.
A series of separate decisions have joined together to make a big difference:
- Back on with the running shoes and 5 days a week of aerobic exercise = peace, well-being and time to think (as well as a tightening of flabby muscle);
- Appointment of a new virtual personal assistant to handle my busy “off-stage” life = less clutter and more time to rest when I finish work;
- Back into personal coaching with Michael Myerscough = the fellowship of an impartial sounding board and the benefit of his wisdom;
- A massive investment in personal organisation at my Falmouth desk – paperwork, finances and all that jazz = that lovely feeling when the job you have been putting off for ages is done;
- A great big trip to the dump with 2 years of accumulated paper and files and brochures = an uncluttered cellar;
- An enormous effort to improve my financial self-organisation = deeper, sounder sleeping;
- A decision to eliminate some of my more destructive and irritating bad habits (with Michael’s help) = making myself more attractive to be around;
- Some good conversations with people I trust, respect, like and love to resolve tolerations = well, just = good conversations!