One thing’s for sure – when you start using social media to build your business, you will have to accept the rough with the smooth.
Take my announcement to join the team at IDH back in October 2008 – helping them to grow the Private & Specialist Division.
The vlog that was created by Dentistry magazine attracted the following pithy response from an un-named individual:
1 month ago
- Chris you are a prick, whoever shoves the money under ure nose u become their bitch, Boots failed miserably, you’ve spent a large part of your life talking to practice owners and now ure with the corporates who are trying to kill off the sole practitioner. thank god i never spent a penny on a prick like you
Interesting that the post arrived a month ago – and 2 years after the event.
Now I could wax lyrical about our anonymous friend that heshe has the facts wrong.
- about Boots Dentalcare – badly wrong
- about corporates “trying to kill of independents” – incorrect again
I’m sure that this poor individual will be even more “angry” to discover that, since the original vlog:
- I am delivering customer service training to independent and corporate NHS practices (in the same room) and funded by their local PCT
- I am delivering customer service training to Instore Dental – the company responsible for the creation of both Sainsbury and Tesco retail dentistry
- my relationship with IDH has matured and I’m coaching their P&S practices and helping them with recruitment
- I’m in discussion with other dental businesses both at home and overseas
- I continue to champion the cause of the smaller independent and cannot wait for the Private Dentistry Awards, for which 5 of my independent clients have been nominated
So – as you can see, “takewhole” – this bitch has plenty of customers right now and an appointment diary full until mid-January.
Somehow, I don’t think “takewhole” would want to listen to the facts.
The moral here is that if you do go “public” with ezines, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube et al – then every now and then some rude, ignorant, misinformed idiot who lives in a world of scarcity and low self-esteem is going to come along and use the intellect and communication skills of a Jeremy Kyle Show contestant to make their point.
When it happens to you – and it will………
It says nothing about you and speaks volumes about them.
The secret is to leave it up there for all to see.
The authors of these posts prefer to remain anonymous – I wonder why?
“takewhole” if you fancy a mature chat – I’ll be on the Adec stand at The Showcase – although the bit of me that comes from Manchester would love to meet you in the car park outside.
We could sell tickets, raise money for Bridge2Aid, make my day and you could do something useful.