Quite bizarre to be chatting with a client on the phone yesterday who has just returned from his main annual vacation.
He is calm, relaxed, refreshed and determined to read more, take more time for physical fitness, spend more time with his family.
And, of course, to knock his business into shape once and for all.
To contrast, I am a week away from Greece, happy, knackered and ready for a break.
Life out of balance, more hotel nights clocked up than I care to remember, my car looking forward to a rest, fitness a dim memory, piles of books on my “to read”shelf/space on the bedroom floor.
The conversation reminds me that in a few weeks I’ll be full of that hope – that life can be balanced, as we splash down onto a British runway after 2 weeks of sun, sea and ouzo.
Great question from said client:
“Ok coach – give me a ”to do“ list that will get me back up to speed quickly.”
I’m not sure that back up to THAT speed is going to be good for him but:
- re-connect with your support team – a quick conversation with everyone, collectively and individually to make sure they are happy
- invest a half-day in looking at your strategic plan between now and the end of the year – remind yourself of exactly what has to happen to get to New Years Eve intact and on target
- establish a “back to work” retail KEDO with which to motivate your existing/new patients commencing 1st September (see this week’s ezine for some ideas)
- review your pipeline
- new patient enquiries to follow up
- new patient appointments booked
- treatment plans issued and not yet closed
- treatment plans in course of delivery
- Make sure that August cash flow is secure and accelerated where possible
- If you haven’t done it already – make sure that between now and the year end you have allocated some time to review your
- 3-year vision
- 12-month plan
- 90-day goals
- 2010 calendar
- 2010 cash flows (personal and professional)
Plenty to do there then.
Oh – and by the way – show up as a dentist every day as well 😉