This is a coaching process developed by the folks at Strategic Coach in Toronto and is one of my quarterly retreat activities, especially poignant at the start of a New Year.
At the end of this post I have included a form that you can download.
This is a very useful exercise for you AND your senior team members – I recommend you book some time to ask yourself the 4 questions and ask for the team member’s feedback on their own answers as well.
Let me share with you the questions and my own answers:
Morale: what were my 5 best achievements from the last quarter?
- Hitting my sales target every month and exceeding target in 2 of the 3 months
- Maintaining my fitness levels by running regularly
- Dealing with a personal health scare quickly and effectively
- Ongoing refinements to the web site/blog and relaunching the newsletter
- Enjoying the support of Team CB – Phillippa/Kim/Steve who are functioning effortlessly well
Momentum: what are the 5 areas of focus and progress making me the most confident right now?
- A full calendar and an almost full practice – now recruiting clients for May 2017
- Recognising and accepting that I am a freelancer at heart and deciding to make the best of that (and no longer suffer entrepreneur envy)
- Recognising exactly how I create value for my clients
- Starting to plan 2018 and my next 7 years as a freelancer
- Working with Kim on developing online products to reach and help more clients
Motivation: what new things are giving me the greatest sense of excitement going forward?
- The “Two Reds are Better Than One” Podcast with Ashley Latter
- The Coach Barrow web site/blog/newsletter
- Developing online products to reach and help more clients
- A complete disruption and redesign of my business plan for 2018 and beyond
- Investigating more opportunities for public speaking, broadcasting and publishing
Multipliers: If I could just focus on 5 things that would be the multipliers during the next quarter, what would they be?
- Creating a Mastermind Group for my existing 1:1 coaching clients
- Building a plan to launch multiple-location diverse sector Mastermind Groups for 2018
- Building online products to reach and help more clients
- Strategic Alliance Partnerships
- More use of live and recorded video
Now it’s your turn……..