Aren’t they great?
- there was a second gunman in Dallas
- there was no Moon landing
- Hitler survived and opened a halal tapas bar in Montevideo
Here’s my addition to the genre:
- HSBC moved their telephone banking operation overseas to save money
- (Lets face it – they have nobody left in the UK under 30 – just disco banks run by kids)
- the staff overseas have created a healthy secondary market in selling our bank details to their mates in the car park
- so much phishing is going on that they (the bank) are scared of getting busted
- so they now go into “overkill” on fraud prevention (see the recent thread on Mark Oborn’s Facebook page)
- and if I use my debit card more than a few times a day or in more than one location it triggers….
- some faceless, heartless, humourless woman overseas telling me my card is suspended
Ever tried to make a joke with an overseas bank telephone clerk?
You can hear the earth turning in the silence.
My “theory” is that these people have screwed up hugely – and are trying to hide it from us.
I think they may be watching me……