Welcome back to the 21st Century, modern life and social media.
Best decision of the vacation – NOT taking Macbooks or iPads, even though our hotel did have free wifi (and my daughters did indulge in Skype and Facebook after dinner each night).
Annie and I stayed away from the web.
- deep connection with my girls
- great conversation
- endless laughter
- read the first two books of the Stieg Larsson Millennium series and now engrossed in the third and final book.
So here’s the count back at CoachBarrow central.
- 641 emails in the in-box
- 39 individual sets of documents – domestic and professional correspondence
- 26 “Notes” written to myself whilst on vacation
- 1 mind-map created on my iPhone (on the flight to Athens), detailing my plan for financial independence at age 60
- 36 development tasks and 6 major projects created in “Things”
- 4 direct messages and 28 new friends requests in Facebook
- 0 telephone messages
- a fantastic job done by Phillippa and Team Barrow whilst I was away.
and I intend to spend the rest of the weekend resting (and doing laundry!), watching my tan fade and wondering how I’m going to lose half a stone.
The business will be back on Monday morning.
P.S. I forgot to add the 184 blog posts and news feeds I read this morning on my iPad.